Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  portalportal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Roster Fighter claim is now open for EAUFC..

UFC on FX

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wise

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 am

Guida or Maynard Question

Back to top Go down
https://wwcf.forumotion.com

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:38 am

Gray Maynard is going to bully him like he all so naturally does and get a tko in the third round.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 am

Also on that card is Ross Pearson Vs. Cub Swanson and since I just watched the season of Ultimate Fighter where Pearson won I am really rooting for Pearson. I want to see him fight and beat some top guys and this fight is a tough one and couldn get him up there. He's only lost 2 fights in UFC and while I haven't seen eother of them one was by a split decision to Edson Barboza and he had gotten more total strikes and there were no other stats so unless he has gotten dropped at some point while Barboza hadn't he should have won that fight. Then I figure he just got caught in his other fight against Cole Miller for the sub. If he wins he could get a big fight like Chan Sung Jung who's on a major roll and if he pulled that off it would pull him up so high, so hope Pearson wins as well
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 am

Also sorry for three posts in a row but I keep thinking of things, 2 upcomming fights that are basically just going to be a complete beatdown with Chad Mendes Vs. Cody McKenzie with Mendes beating the sense out of him and then Shogun Vs. Vera? Shogun is going to own him, Vera's only has one big win and that's against Frank Mir. He's good but not good enough to hand with Shogun and will be a repeat of his fight against Jon Jones with a 1st Round TKO.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Posting my thoughts as the show goes on, if anyone is on and wants to banter about the fights I welcome it. Cub Swanson just amazed me, he looks like someone who could definitley give Aldo some trouble, the only issue is that he had a lot of risks inside the fight but he always managed to scramble back to his feet, I want to se where he can go from here.

Ricardo Lamas also very much impressed me, the way he slammed out of the omoplotta attempt was amazing. Also his guillotine attempts were some of the best I've seen, Hioki has some major guillotine defense. Then his striking looked pretty crisp. Lamas looked great and could be very dangerous in the future to Aldo as well.

Steve Siler looked great to, his transitioning on the ground was beatiful and his standup didn't look bad, I just dont think he has enough power, but even his takedowns looked good

Then I believe the CJ Keith fight was stopped early but Nijem might have got the rear naked or an actual tko if it had gone on.

And nice chest hair arrow on Ebersole.

Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Reading tweets of the week on UFC site and Dan Hardy has a fight against Amir Sadollah, let's go Hardy. Also Waldburger is looking sort of like Frank Mir in his fight, some beatiful submission work and some good defense.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 pm

On UFC youtube channel there's a video with Matt Serra visiting the gym that Chael has been training at for his Silva fight out in Orgeon. Good video, Serra seems obssesed with Ray Longo however. Walburger is looking like Mir and gassing as well.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:36 pm

No repsonse? Okay, one last thing than Sam Stout looked pretty good and cant wait for Maynard Vs. Guida up next. The braids should look interesting and Rich Franklins hair looks odd, makes him look completely different, dont know why I'm pointing this out but Smile
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Cub Swanson won Cool Told you that on the other site
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah, he thoroughly impressed me, he had a great showing, very entertaining and high risks. He looked great.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Now we'll just have to see about that round 3 arm triangle for Chael, after the interview Silva did it looks like he is ready to destroy and with all his anger focused on dishing punishment and not toying with his opoonents we'll see if Chael can take him down and overcome the storm of the spider.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I have Silva in that fight easily. I think he will keep his distance and pick him apart. He knows Sonnen's only chance is taking him down, so he needs to defend that first and foremost.

Cub looked amazing. That missed headkick into a spinning punch was one of the coolest attack's I've seen this year.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Yeah, he was flashy with all his kicks. Then he ws proud of his uniform, in the behind the scenes they showed him when he was putting on the singlet type outfit and he said something like: "He showed me up last night in his underwear, but wait until he sees this" Then he laughed, he seems like a funny dude, I've moved to team Swanson, form supporter. Still dont know about the Silva fight, but think he will hurt Chael at somepoint, I think Chael will get a few takedowns however, but I see Silva popping back up so it's a hard one, but again, Silva on a mission to destroy you, it seems hard not to pick him.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Anderson getting angry is probably the worst thing to happen with him. It's exactly what Chael has been trying to get for the past 2 years. Chael is exactly like Ronda Rousey. You know its coming but you still can't stop it.

If Anderson is 100% serious about hurting Chael then this won't end well for him. He probably won't be trying to submit him and I'm sure Chael has been doing trill after trill for submissions. It's going to look like Sonnen/Stann except maybe Anderson attempting a few more subs from frustration.

Rewatched Silva/Sonnen 1 and chael actually attempted an armtriangle and probably would have gotten if he really attempted to get it. He just gave up and stayed in side control like he usually does when it comes to submissions. Still believe Anderson will leave the opening again but this time Chael will make him pay.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:13 am

Chael always leaves a opening for a sub it seems as well though, thats where his weakness is. I still would like to see Bisping Vs. Silva as well after this on a side note because that decision was wrong in my opinion over the #1 Contender Fight, but back to what I was talking about - Chael leaves himself open and I dont see Chael as a submision, I think he likes to grind it out more and if he is forced to work to get a submission he wont, he'll try keep grinding as I rewatched the first fight as well and a few of his others (Vs. Bisping & Marquardt) and it seems he is just content with trying to grind it out, show his dominance on top and get the decision, he's never gotten a tko or ko, a few subs but that's because usually there's a wide opening, so if he works for the sub he could most likely get it, but I see him deciding not to and just grinding it out.

Also who do you think will be coaches on the next Ultimate Fighter, the only people I can really think of from Australlia are Kyle Noke and George Sotiropoulos. While from the UK I mainly just think of Ross Pearson and Michael Bisping. Although there's also Paul Sass. I'd like to see Bisping again, but with his current injury idk, I'm interested in who they'll put in there.
Back to top Go down

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Add Brian Ebersole and Mark Hunt to Australia. I can't think of a good UK HW and WW there are Che Mills and Dan Hardy but come on. We don't need to see Ebersole submitting both with ease. I'm guessing they are just going to have two random coaches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFC on FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FX   UFC on FX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC on FX
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free Forums :: MMA Discussions-
Jump to: