Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  portalportal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Roster Fighter claim is now open for EAUFC..

UFC 149 Live Thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

UFC 149 Live Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm going to be posting all my ideas and what I'm thinking about the UFC 149 card, including the FX Prelims. Feel free to share your thoughts with me. For this first fight I predict Caraway the winner, it's his opponents first fight in UFC though, so I dont know what he's got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:07 pm

I love the Barao Vs. Faber preview, but they play it so much. Still the way he took Pickett's back was impressive. Should be a good main event later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Good first round, but the new guy hopefully didn't gas himself out. I predict this fight being ended though, not going to a decision, unless both guys gas themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:22 pm

K, so they both are gassed, so may go to decision. However the new guys is really looking for the knockout and I'm not sure Caraway can eat a whole lot of leather, so he just needs to compose himself, stuff the takedown and land some big shots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Was tired and just took the back and relaxed as new guy struggled and got the rnc. Like Rogan said though, was a crafty way to get it in. Cover the mouth and then sneak it around the neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Hope we dont have any hat stealer in the crowd, was watching highlight were fighters had their hats stolen. Mintauro Nogeuira and Couture looked like they were going to hit the person who stole their hat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Man Caraway's girlfriend is hot and a fighter herself Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

I want Jimmo to win this one, but haven't seem him fight yet, his robot is amzaing though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Would of liked to see him on Season 8 of Ultimate Fighter, would of made it more interesting and who knows, he could have won. Also, the ad for next Fight Night on FX Shogun is going to dominate Vera, dont know what they were thinking with that matchup. Hopefully Vera leaves then, dont like him. Hope Bader beats Machida, would be a big jump in the division. Then I predict Travis Browne as the future of the Heavyweight Division and I think he'll show a dominate performance over Rothwell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Canada has always been one of my favorite places, there's 2 places I love for not much reason: Canada and Colorado. Tristar gym is one of the best as well, want to train there someday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Damn, Jimmo is just what I thought he would be, tied for the fastest KO in UFC history, I precit a bright future. Then the afterwards robot dance was great, 2 fights and 2 finishes and one the was amazing, I wonder who holds the record for fastest submission.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:43 pm

I cant get over this dancing, how does he do that. I predict a future title shot and I feel like he could beat Jones, I dont know why, but I feel this guy is like his nickname says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:45 pm

MetroPCS commercial with Edgar and Velasquez, I think that the rematch with Dos Santos should be very interesting, dont know who will win, but I think he will be able to get Dos Santos down, but we'll see if he can block the shot and keep it standing.
Back to top Go down
mrrufc
WWCF MEMBER
WWCF MEMBER
mrrufc

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:48 pm

i dont know about the other fights but im going with barao.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:51 pm

eaglesnation wrote:
i dont know about the other fights but im going with barao.
A prediction how? TKO, KO, Sub, Decision, a certain round?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Pineda looked pretty good in his fight against Mike Brown, but that fight wasn't so good for him. Great KO for Carvalho though, looks like he's crying, very emotional for him. Hope Pineda doesn't get cut, he may not be a title contender, but he gives good fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:56 pm

I wonder if GSP is doing commentary in French or if they still have Cote doing that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:01 pm

No, Herb Dean tonight I think. Mad He's the best referee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Delorme seems really slow, nothing behind his leg kicks. He needs to take him down and work him over, he has a big advantage there and could get a sub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Yet another first round KO, they probably have time for another fight, they could have put 5 fights on FX. Might I suggest Phil Davis Vs. Thiago Silva. A fight to get Davis back on track after his first loss, but not give him a fight against a bottom card opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Glad I didn't watch the Facebook fights because I think the'll show them all because of all the first round KO's. I onder who will get Knockout of the night, so far Jimmo is the winner in my eyes, an Caraway ith sub of the night, and fight of the night is Caraway Vs. Gagnon (I learned his name). This is just for the 4 fights so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:25 pm

This Clarke Vs. Kuivanen is already better then the Caraway fight, new fight of the night from current 5 fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Clarke needs to work on his cardio, he is good and seems to put on a good fight, but he is so tired he cant do anything, this is like Gilbert Yvel when he faced Rothwell, getting some reversals every now and then, but not able to cause any offense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 pm

I predict a good fight, I feel like McGee is going to go hard for the takedown though, while Ring will try and keep it stnading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Went downstairs and missed first minute of fight. I predict this fight going to decision though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 149 Live Thoughts
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next