Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  portalportal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Roster Fighter claim is now open for EAUFC..

Past Events

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Like I do my live discussions, I'm watching some old past events and posting my thoughts as it goes along, I find it fun and I hope that some people read it and maybe comment back, but I dont know how many do or will, but I like just giving my own thoughts. The first event I'm watching is UFC 136: Edgar Vs. Maynard ||| and I believe the first fight is Lauzon Vs. Guillard. Razz
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Never heard the song that Lauzon is walking out too, I like it.

I seriously see Guillard as a future champion or aat least a major contender, as soon as he fixes a few wholes, the fight hasn't started yet, but I just see him as a future champion -- can't wait for Guillard Vs. Cerrone in the future, what a fight that will be. I like Cerrone to, so dont know who I'll cheer for in that one.

Although Guillard wont become a champion with that performance, that made Lauzon look unstoppable, but then I watched his fight with Pettis and he got KO'd.

Guillard taking the loss like a man, shaking hands -- everyone makes mistakes, although I would want to Forrest Griffin after that fight.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Forrest Griffin and Rashad at 136

Nam Phan Vs. Leonard Garcia #2, I saw the old fight with the bogus decision where Garcia won when Pham won all 3 rounds.

Nam Phan coming out to pumped up kicks, around 2 months ago I think I heard this song by them over 110 times that month, not really by my choice, but the song has grown on me.

Leonard Garcia coming out to Diddy Dirt Money: Coming Home. I used to listen to this song a lot, good song.

Big applause for Garcia, man these referees I've never heard of.

Phan won the first round for sure 10-9, Garcia's cardio is already looking questionable. Phan wins round 2 as well, Gacia is throwing bombs, but with no aim, nothing, just winging them and hopng for a KO, while Phan avoids them and lands percise shots,and landed some heavy body shots while Garcia just covered up and ate them then threw a haymaker to no avail 10-9 round for Phan.

Lol, at how they start the 3rd. Phan asks to touch gloves, Garica smiles and says: "Mother Fuc***." Then they come out and touch, then Garcia lands a combination and asks: "did I kick you in the balls." I think Phan shook his head no.

Garcia wins the 3rd by 10-9. So, Phan should win 29-28. I think Phan could have clinched and took it to the ground for a sub or something. But this fight was amazing, great fight. Definitley fight of the night.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Brian Stann Vs. Chael Sonnen now, I dont recognize Stann's music, it's ehh...wait I recognize it, I think it's called Diamond Eye -- It's actually a decent song, that part just sucked.

Now Sonnen coming out to a country song, in the interview after the Silva fight Sonnen said he was thinking about going up to LHW, he's good so I'm sure he could beat some good fighters, but I dont think he could beat Jon Jones.

I like what the ref said in the start: "This is where all your hard work pays off. You ready to go to war? Come on." Then the fight starts.

The first round is definitley Chael and I would say 10-9. Stann tried to work, but Chael was on top for most of the fight, so I could see possibly a 10-8, but I think it was 10-9. Great Sub of an arm triangle for Chael to win the fight, he should use submissions more often, he might win a few more fights. If Bisping does this yo Stann it's a pretty easy win, dont stand up with him because he has very heavy hands.

Great post-conference for Chael where a bunch of the highlights came from for their previous fight. Now Florian Vs. Aldo for the Featherweight Title.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:12 am

Dont recognize Florian's song -- Aldo's song starts off with Rihianna and Jay-Z, I can't remember the name of it, decent song though.

Dan Mirgliota, a ref that I definitley recognize.. First round is 10-9 for Florian: constant pressure and he couldn't keep him down, but got him down. I would say another 10-9 round in favor of Florian. Landed more, had some very good leg kicks. Aldo wins the third 10-9. He outstruck him in the first minute, then blocked a shot right into mount, Florian scrambled however and Aldo couldn't do anything and he eventually worked his way back up and they end the round with Flroian pushing Aldo against the cage, so not to impressive to turn it into a 10-8 because Aldo couldn't do anything on top. I dont know about the fourth round, Kenny pushed the action, but Aldo outstruck him. Jose Aldo wins the fifth. I'd say in the final it should be 48-47 Aldo.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 am

Rosenthall for the main event, before all of his mishappenings lately.

Maynard put it on him, Edgar has heart. I'm not sure if you would, but that might be a 10-8 round for Maynard, he rocked him over and over. The second round I think is 10-9 for Edgar, Maynard did nothing and Edgar just started boxing. Edgar wins the third because he is just out-boxing Maynard right now. And Edgar rocks his ad finished in the fourth, great heart by Edgar to win that fight.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:23 am

Stiipe Miocic Def. Joey Beltran by Unanimous Decision, both fighters got gassed by the end of the first round.

Mike Massenzio wins by decision, good fight.

Pretty good fight, best fight: Nam Phan Vs. Leonard Garcia, worst fight: Jose Aldo Vs. Kenny Florian. Sub: Joe Lauzon, KO: Frankie Edgar.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Going back to UFC 107, I started watching UFC 27 or something like that, not as good as now, so now it's UFC 107: BJ Penn Vs. Diego Sanchez.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Back to watching it, first fight is Struve Vs. Buentello. I predict a submission win for Struve.

Struve wins the first 10-9, he was working practically the whole first round on getting the rear naked choke. Buentello wins the second round 10-9 as he knocked Struve down a few times, but they were brawlin' that round. Now, round 3 is 10-9 for Struve as he kept landing strong leg kicks that weren't being blocked and Buentello knocked him down in the last 20 seconds, but Struve did far more damage that round. Struve should win 29-28

Welp, he won by majority decision: 29-28, 29-28, 28-28. My prediction was wrong Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:13 am

Now it's time for Florian Vs. Guida. I sort of like Guida's music. I know who wins this fight, but haven't seen it. I'm still going to grade it how I think it is.

I love Guida's entrance, getting slapped up before the fight.

Florian wins the first, had reversed a takedown into side control, bloodied Guida up and got a strong power double scooping him up and putting him on his back, he wins 10-9. && Florian shows some great boxing, knocking Guida down as Guida tries to cover up and recover, Florian wraps his right arm around the neck, sink one hook and drops back, sinks the other hook and gets his other arm in to sink the choke.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:51 am

Mike Pierce Vs. Jon Fitch in what should be a tough battle, I'm guessing a decision. Both men have great wrestling backgrounds and Fitch is always agressive and has endless cardio so should be good.

Fitch wins the first round 10-9 by getting the back froa round 2 and a half minutes and working for the choke while landing some good shots, Pierce eventually works up and takes him down for about 45 seconds, then they clinch for about 30 seconds, with Fitch pressing Pierce against the cage, they get separated and are about even in the standup so far. Pierce then blocks a shot in the last 10 seconds of the round and is sprawling. Second round could go either way, Fitch gets two takedowns, but cant keep him down to long, Pierce had him pushed against the cage for about a minute and a half throughout the round. Standup was even again, I'll say Fitch wins that round narrowly 10-9. I say the last round is close, but I'll give it to Pierce 10-9 because he pushed him against the cage for a bit and he rocked Fitch and was lighting him up. I say Fitch wins 29-28.

And I was right, all judges say 29-28. Good scrap.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 am

Frank Mir Vs. Cheick Kongo now, I like Kongo, he is one of my favorite heavyweights.

Frank Mir lands solidly with an swinging left hook and puts Kongo down, Kongo tries to recover, but is badly hurt and leaves his neck open for Mir to attack with a guillotine and put Kongo to sleep. If only he could of boxed like this vs. Junior Dos Santos. Hopefully this Frank Mir goes to face Daniel Cormier and put on a amazing fight.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 am

Alan Belcher Vs. Gouveia is up next, should be good.

Belcher knocks him down, Gouveia is hurt and sort of just stays huddle in a belt as Belcher unloads to get the tko win.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:44 am

Now the main event: Diego Sanchez Vs. BJ Penn for the Lightweight Championship.

BJ Penn easily wins the first round, I'll say a 10-8 round for Penn, he rocked him about 4 times in that round and practically stopped him. Penn wins the 2nd, stuffing all his takedowns and using the fight as some boxing practice, will have to watch the rest tomorrow, tired.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm going to finish the Sanchez Vs. Penn fight later, now watching Tosh.O/ UFC 129: St- Pierre Vs. Shields, so let's get it started. Smile
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:40 am

First fight is Ben "Smooth" Henderson Vs. Mark Bocek. Henderson is one of my favorite fighters, hope he does like he says and beats Anderson Silva's records. He threw his hat into into the crowd. Making his UFC Debut, just 15 events or so later he becomes the champ.

I
m going to give the first round to Mark Bocek, he didn't do anything, but he obtained top position for a bit, while Henderson did more standup landing some good kicks and obtaining the dominate position in the clinch. I would give Henderson round 2 by 10-9. He got him down for a bit, escaped some tricky submissions and then in the end of the round puts it on him, unloading with knees and elbows. I would say Henderson wins the 3rd 10-9 because he was the obvious agressor, landed some great ground and pound and had more great clinch work, while when Bocek had him down he couldn't do anything. So should be Henderso: 29-28.

Welp, they scored it 30-27, but I could see that, because the first round Bocek obtained top, but did nothing. Good fight.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:51 am

Now it's Vladimir Matyshenko Vs. Jason Brillz, both guys walk out music sucks.

& Vladimir gets the KO within the first 40 seconds, quite a performance.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 am

Now Yves Jabouin Vs. Pablo Garza.

Ma, Jabouin was doing good, digging in with some leg kicks, but Garza wraps up a flying triangle choke and gets the victory, what a great technique.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:30 am

Randy Couture Vs. Lyoto Machida about to battle in Coutures' final 'bout before retirement. If couture could have won this he would of went out winning 2/3rd of his fights, too bad.

Lyoto wins the first round 10-9 getting out of the takedown and showing some very good counter striking and knees. Hits the karate kid jumping front kick for the KO and Lyoto Machida wins with a statement.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 am

Now Ivan Menjivar Vs. Charlie Valencia and man these people are small, two small Bantamweights.

&& wow, Menjivar hits a nasty short elbow as they were clinching up, KO's him basically and then finishes it off with strikes for the TKO & he broke his nose upon impact and you can see it when they show the slow-motion replay.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:22 am

Jose Aldo Vs. Mark Hominick time & Hominick gets the homefield advantage and back to one of my favorite songs: Coming Home by Diddy Dirty Money & Aldo must love this song by Jay-Z and Rihianna, I still can't remember the name of this song.

Aldo wins the first 10-9 because he landed some really good leg kicks and then took him down twice and did a bit of damage, but not much. Aldo wins round 2 by 10-9, Hominick was out-boxing him and Aldo took it to the ground. If Hominick had great takedown defense he would win this fight I feel. Hominick was winning the third, but Aldo ended up stealing it 10-9, he got rocked by Aldo and then he recovered and Aldo stayed in his guard and didn't do to much damage. If this was a 3 round fight Aldo would win 30-27. Aldo wins in a 10-9 round I'll say, but it could of been a 10-8. Aldo created a nasty hemotallmah on his forehead or however you spell it, but that thing is nasty, a tomato coming out of his head. Aldo has fuc*** up Hominicks face with that and a huge cut underneath the left eye and his face is bruised everywhere. Hominick wins the last round by 10-8. He obtained a takedown early and just pounded down and Aldo cant knock him off and he gets some really good shots in, the final score should be: 48-47 and a win for Aldo.

They both do push ups after the fight and then Aldo leans, exhausted against the cage.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 am

Now, the main event: Jake Shields Vs. Georges "Rush" St-Pierre.

Jon Jones was trying to get St-Pierre's attention as he was running to the prep point because he was wearing his headband. Then George took a big drink and spit all his water up in the air No. He just did it again while Buffer was announcing him Mad.

St-Pierre won the 1st round by 10-9, but while in his corner he spit his water in the air again Crying or Very sad. St-Pierre wins the second by 10-9. Georges wins the 3rd round by 10-9, by he can't see out of his left eye, I thought that he ruined other peoples eye-sight, didn't think he could get his hurt. I say Georges wins 10-9, he rocked him that round a high left switch kick. Shields needs to get some better striking and put more power in his shots, but he has bloodied up and damaged the sight of GSP. Georges wins the last round 10-9. The final score should be 50-45 and a win for GSP.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm

UFC 137: Penn Vs. Diaz is up now. Two scrappers and this is the fight I believe where Penn announces his retirement, should be a good card though.
Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:36 pm

First fight is Hatsu Hioki Vs. George Roop -- I oddly like Hioki's music.

Hioki wins the first round 10-9 narrowly, Roop controlled the standup, but Hioki pressured him up against the cage and worked for a while, but eventually got a takedown. Hioki wins the second 10-9, obtaining mount position for a while, but doing nothing. Hioki had him on the ground for most of the round, but Roop did more damage. Roop wins the third, he took Hioki down and kept him down last minute and half. Also, he obtained dominate position in clinch and got the better of the standup, that was all Roop 10-9. Hioki should win 29-28.

Back to top Go down

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Now, Jeff Curran Vs. Scott Jorgensen.

Jorgensen wins the first round 10-9 obtaining top position in Curran's guard and defensing his submissions and sweeps. Jorgensen wins the second round 10-9 with Scott obtaining the top position for a whil, but Curran did get his back in the last minute. Very close last round, but I'd say Jorgensen wins 10-9 narrowly because he got a sprawl in the last 30 seconds and got side control. Jorgensen should win 30-27.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Past Events  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Past Events
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free Forums :: MMA Discussions-
Jump to: