Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  portalportal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Roster Fighter claim is now open for EAUFC..

UFC 149 Live Thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Close first round, I'm not sure who they would score that for, McGee can't get the taekdown, but he is controlling the center of the octagon. The Standup was basically even, Ring getting just the slight better of McGee, so I dont know who won that round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Ring won that round 10-9 I'd say, more effective striking and actually controlled the center of the octagon, still stuffed the takedown. Final round could decide it all. Not sure on first, Ring won the second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:55 pm

McGee won the last round, Ring's crdio looked horrible that last round, before that he was doing well. So, McGee won the last round, Ring won the 2nd and the 1st round is up in the air. Should be an interesting decision. Based on damage Ring did more though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Nick Ring wins the decision, I figured he would. I thought he won the first round, but wasn't positive. He needs to work on his cardio though, it's always been his achilles heel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Haven't seen Lombard, but I believe right now that Weidman is #1 Contender and Bisping is #2, I think they should face off to see who will face Silva next, but they've already announced Bisping Vs. Stann. So I guess we'll see Lombard tonight and then that will decide from there. I dont think Boetsch could beat Silva, but I think Bisping and Weidman have a very good chance & haven't seen Lombard yet, so I guess it is like Dana said, tonight will basically help decide the next contender for Silva. Whoever wins tonight Vs. Weidman hopefully, then the winner of that fight vs. winner of Stann Vs. Bisping for #1 Contender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Respect to Ebersole for taking this fight so shortly after his fight with TJ Whalburger. He probably wanted on the main card of a ppv. Still he seems like good guy and funny, good to see the hairrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Matt "Eat Waters" Riddle, what kind of nickname is that? I guess it's different, he always seems like he's on something though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:16 pm

No hat stealers so far. I think Clements will win the fight by KO. Funny though, Buffer was announcing Riddle's name and he didn't sa the nickname Eat Waters and he started poiting to his banner with his nickname on it and smiling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 pm

More heat for Rosenthall, lol. Poor Riddle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:24 pm

More respect to Riddle for letting Clements up when who knows, he probably could have got the sub. Riddle won the first round, he's surprising me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:32 pm

That just made me a Matt Riddle fan, awesome submission, new sub of the night. Great setup, great fight, new fight of the night so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Oh, the nickname is Deep Waters, that makes much more since. Good post-fight interview, always a good attitude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Ebersole will win this, not sure how though, I feel by submission.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:42 pm

I like Ebersole's walk-in music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Ebersole doesn't look like himself here tonight, so far I say Head is winning a decision. He was so predictable, I can see why the crowd boo'd not as entertaining of a fight as usual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Low-shot by Jordan. Ouch, worst one Kongo has taken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Cheick Kongo could have ended that, dont know why he didn't. I have to agree with Rogan, there was a big difference in their striking. lol, didn't expect Bret Hart to be there though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Can't wait to see Lombard, see if all the hype is for good reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Not impressed by Lombard so far
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 pm

The only thing that looked really good on Lombard was his takedown defense is probably some of the best, but nothing impressive really by either man, I can see why Boetsch did what he did, but Lombard never tried really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:09 pm

I predict Faber, I like Alpha Male camp and I just think he's a great fighter, but it should be good, Barao definitley has a chance of winning. I like Barao's music too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 pm

I like it when the music matches the nickename: Cerrone, Faber, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Barao with a pretty strong first round, getting the better of the striking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Great striking by Barao and great takedown defense. I dont understand why Faber kept engaging in the hand play with Barao, and didn't just go around it with a superman punch, front kick, or something. I saw a few holes that he just needs to fix, he should have went for the takedown at certain points that he didn't. Not engaged in the handplay and a few other things. I dont understand why the crowd is booing Barao though, maybe they're still disappointed in the Boetsch Vs. Lombard fight. I say KO of the night is Ryan Jimmo, Sub of the night is Matt Riddle, Fight of the Night is Matt Riddle Vs. Chris Celements although I would understand if they gave fight of the night to Mitch Clarke Vs. Anton Kuivanen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:47 am

Does anyone have anything to say about the fights? The post-fight press conference with Matt Riddle was hilarious, looking forward to Riddle Vs. Hardy now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 149 Live Thoughts   UFC 149 Live Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 149 Live Thoughts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next