Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  portalportal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Roster Fighter claim is now open for EAUFC..

Past Events

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Past Events  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Roy Nelson fight time.

Roy Nelson wins the first round 10-9 by getting the takedown and the top position and then putting some pressure on the feet. Big Country wins the second 10-9 by obtaining a crucifix position and getting some good shots in, however Cro Cop unloaded on Nelson in the first minute, but Nelson takes the round. Roy Nelson takes it in the third getting the TKO and beating Cro Cop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Now, Cheick Kongo Vs. Matt Mitrione. Still sorry that I cant be on PSN all day like I thought, I had family things come up and now I'm at a different house where all their is, is a Wii and computer. So, back where I was i my show before I had to leave.

First round wasn't very good, no one got much of anything, I call it a draw that round 10-10. I give Mitrione round 2 by 10-9, he got the better of the striking and had the agression. I give Kongo the last round 10-8, he kept him on the ground the whole round. The decision shuld be 29-28 for Kongo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Before I finish the main event watching a random fight from WEC: Ben Henderson Vs. Donald Cerrone.

The video starts at the start of the 4th round though Mad Cerrone won the fourth round big. Da**, Henderson has some major submission defense -- Cerrone was twisting his arm all types of ways and had him in a few triangle chokes, etc....that dude can't get tapped out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Watching Nick Diaz Vs. Penn in the main event now.

I give the first round to BJ Penn, he had Nick down for a tiny bit and the striking was about neutral in the first. Penn 10-9. After the rounf Diaz shouler bumps Penn. Diaz wins 10-9 in a round where he lit him up on the feet. I forgot, this is when main events that aren't title fights are still 3 rounds. I give the third round to Nick Diaz barely, he had more agression. 10-9, Diaz should win 29-28.

&& Diaz called out St-Pierre calling him scared and not really injured, he was acually at the event too and was faking like he was shaking. Penn then announces retirement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Dennis Siver Vs. Donald Cerrone from the 137 prelims.

Cerrone gets two rocks on Siver, both kicks I believe and then jumps on his back and goes palm to palm for the rear naked choke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Watching Ben Henderson Vs. Jim Miller from UFC Live 5.

Henderson wins the first, getting out of some submission attempts and landed a little bit of ground and pound, but had top position, while Henderson was never really deep in danger with anything because his sub defense is too good. Henderson wins in a 10-9 round I'd say. he dominated it, but Miller went for sub after sub so he wasn't just doing nothing. Ben wins the second round 10-9. Henderson wins the last round 10-8, I'd say Bendo wins 30-26.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 am

Watching the Marquardt Vs. Woodley fight from Marquardt's Strikeforce debut.

Marquardt wins the first round by 10-9 for agressiveness dominate position in the clinch, while they both landed a few power shots on the feet. Marquardt wins the second as well 10-9, being the agressive fighter, landing more shots, and getting a takedown. Woodley wins the third, he had a big spur in the beginning rocking Marquardt and then after Nate reovered he kept top position. And Marquardt gets a viscious KO in round 4 to get the win and give Woodley his first loss.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:22 am

Watching UFC 112: Invincible, the main event is Silva Vs. Maia which I believe is the really boring fight, card overall looks decent though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:25 am

The arena looks pretty darn cool though, it's outside and in Abhu Dhabi, looks sweet. Would suck if it started raining or something, there's always a fear to book an event outside
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:42 am

First fight is Kendall Grove Vs. Mark Munoz, I predict domination and donkey kong punches all around.

Man was I wrong Grove wins the first round, 10-9, he rocked Munoz, landed some good groun and pound and had some good submission attempts, it was mainly Grove. Kendall made the mistake of letting Munoz get top position by going for an armbar and Munox shows of his Kong ounches and gets the TKO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:01 am

Now, Terry Etim Vs. Rafael Dos Anjos.

I dont know who won the first round, Goddard stood them up for what seems to be a BS reason when Dos Anjos was on top, then Etim reversed a clinch throw to get on top, but Rafael kept going for different subs. Dos Anjos obtains top position early and works throughout the round and eventually makes it seem like he's going for a kimura, but then goes into an armbar for the sub victory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:13 am

Phil Davis Vs. Alexander Gustafsson, and Davis is one of my favorite fighters.

&& This is just impressive, Davis has the andaconda choke locked in with only 9 seconds left, but his opponent has no choice but to tap as it is so tight, he taps him ut in the first round, I hope this repeats in Davis'sfight tomorrow against Wagner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:17 am

Also, watched the 2011 MMA Fighters Only Award Show, pretty good -- Chael was one of the hosts and so of course it was entertaining, Jones won fighter of the year, Silva KO of the year, Cerrone breakout of the year, Chan Sung Jung Sub of the year. Then there were a few more awards of course, but that's the jist of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:44 am

Matt Hughes Vs. Renzo Gracie time.

First round was pretty even, I'll give it to Hughes though for a bit of clinch work, 10-9. Hughes wins round 2, getting some nice leg kicks on Renzo that are slowly taking away his mobility. 20-18 so far. Well, Hughes takes out Renzo's leg, he knocked him down a few times off leg kicks, he didn't want to go to the ground though,
Hughes helped Gracie up after one of the leg kicks. He then gets some punches off and gets the KO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:22 am

Now, Co-Main Event: BJ Penn Vs. Frankie Edgar for the Lightweight Championship.

I'm not sure, Edgar was in and out, but Penn landed some decent shots, close round. I'm not sure so I'll say 10-10. Edgar takes the second with in and out boxing, getting a quick takedown and the fight should now be 20-19 in Edgars favor. I think that Edgar won that rund as well, mixing up his striking and out-boxing him again, I'd say it should be 30-28 in Edgar's favor. Edgar wins the fourth, again just by his footwork and boxing, Penn should have listened to his corner and taken it to the ground, now it's 40-37. Edgar wins the last round getting a takedown into guard and out-boxing him and using his footwork, final score should be 50-46 and a win for Edgar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:24 am

The arena looks really cool, they just showed an overview of the entire place, the top of the tarp says UFC, it's all bright and blue, cool arena.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:30 am

BTW....thinking about the MMA awards show I watched earlier, Silva was speaking pretyty good English which I already knew he could speak it, but still..he should use it more, although I guess if I was completely fluent in English and then I was pretty good at Portugesse I might want to speak the language I had first learned. Random thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:07 am

Silva Vs. Maia Main Event Fight

This first round is Silva's, I thought it was entertaining because of the antics of
Silva, 10-9 so far. Silva is winning now 20-18, still laughing at Silva. Lol, Silva winning 30-26. At the end he tried to hide behind the ref (Dan) who pushed him back in and laughed. Silva still winning 40-35, crowd started chanting GSP. Rogan's GSP impression sounds pretty real. Maia wins last round 10-9, should be 49-45 with Silva winning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:31 am

Watching Cerrone Vs. Stephens from Fuel TV 3 card.

Cerrone wins the first with effective striking, 10-9. Cerrone wins with more effective striking and gets a takedown at the end to for sure get the round, 20-18 so far. Lastround goes to Cerrone, 30-27 and he lit Stephens up with strikes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Mike Swick Vs. Demarques Johnson on UFC on Fox just a little bit ago, a great KO for Swick, had a tough first round, but drops Johnson on the ground, then lands a few shots as they hit the ground for the KO, decent showing for his return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Now, second fight was an amazing fight, I thought it was great and just a war. Lauzon deserves all his post-fight awards, beatiful transition into the triangle choke and was really good fight, I dare say one of the best of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Now, Lyoto Vs. Bader. It was some very good counter striking by Machida, but the first round was kind of boring. He really can throw off his opponent though and Machida has a very good chance against Henderson or Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Shogun Vs. Vera, both guys really need to work on conditioning, but was a hard fought battle, decent fight. It's just, for it being a championship contendership fight they need their cardio where it should be and it's not there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Now watching the UFC On Fuel TV Prelims, first fight is Ulysses Gomez Vs. John Moraga, and Gomez is coming out to Justin Bieber Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Moraga dominated Ulysses and knocks him out in the first round, he could be a Flyweight contender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Past Events    Past Events  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Past Events
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Free Forums :: MMA Discussions-
Jump to: